Citrus is very healthy for our companion birds! Not only does it contain naturally occurring Vitamin C, but it is also high in many trace minerals. Trace minerals are exceptionally important in the absorption of all other nutrients!
Please understand the classifications of veggies and fruit:
- Botanical: This is a scientific classification that includes mostly cruciferous veggies such as broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, kale, chard and the like.
- Culinary: These are actually botanically classified fruit, but do not have a sweet taste. These include, but are not limited to zucchini, all squash, pumpkin, bell peppers, okra, peas, corn, chili peppers, tomatoes and more.
- Tubers: These include potatoes of all kinds.
- Taproots:These include carrots, radishes, turnips, and beets.
- Lettuce: Lettuce is an annual plant of the daisy family, Asteraceae. It is most often grown as a leaf vegetable, but sometimes for its stem and seeds.